CK experience Step 2CK: 265 Philippines

CK experience:
Step 2CK: 265
Philippines
NON-US IMG

Took step 1: june 2018, got 253

Why did I take too long to take step 2 ck?
I am financing my own journey, and earning enough money takes a lot of time.

I started studying on and off last february 2019. I cant really study that much because of my hospital duties.

I broke my CK preparation in april to study for CS. By this time, I finished 1400 questions.

I was only able to resume studying for ck in June 2019.

timeline: 10 weeks dedicated (june to august) of preparation

Usual day: I finish 40 to 60 qs per day. 100 to 200 flashcards per day. my day starts at 4am then ends at 10pm. minimized social media, but definitely got addicted to youtube videos during break time.

RESOURCES: UWORLD, ZANKI, AMBOSS(DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS QBANK, only answered 100 to 200 qs)

uworld 1st pass tutor timed: 68%, 100% finished
uworld 2nd pass timed: 85%, 90% finished

NBME 8: 245(after uworld 1st pass, mid july)
NBME 7: 228(after uworld.1.5 pass)
UWSA1: 273(2 weeks before the exam)
UWSA2: 268(1 week before the exam)
Exam: 265

I failed to review my nbmes and my correct uwsa answers. aint nobody got time fo that.

I took my exam in 15/8/2019

Exam day went well, except I wasnt able to answer at least 2 to 4 questions… I took a break every block. It is a very well distributed exam. I had to talk to myself to finish my exam… I tell myself “I got this” “calma, calma” “this is sparta :rofl:

this exam is definitely more doable than step 1, except for the painful long question stems.

tip:
uworld uworld uworld! cant emphasize this enough, understand every detail of the explanations!
watch a lot of motivational videos

“life is not easy, it is not, dont ever try to make it that way. life is not fair, it never was, it isn’t now and it wont ever be. do not fall into the trap, the entitlement trap of feeling you are a victim. you are not. get over it and get on with it”
–matthew mcconaughey