Currently I am working in NHS under Tier 2 visa

Hello everyone,

Currently I am working in NHS under Tier 2 visa; However, I would like to join in a new hospital (obviously, in a new trust). I am in a dilemma regarding the Tier 2 visa (both me as well as for my dependent). Could anyone please help regarding the following issues:

  1. Do I need to apply for a new Tier 2 or Tier 2 extension (even though I am going to join a new trust)?

  2. How can I provide CRIMINAL RECORD CERTIFICATE for me and for my dependent (Noted, I had an extended DBS certificate and I haven’t paid for updated service unfortunately. On the other hand, my wife had no DBS certificate.)

  3. We haven’t travelled outside UK since we moved to UK. How can I provide our TB clearance?

  4. I believe, We don’t need to provide any English language proficiency certificate, are we?

My prime concerns are Question No 1 & 2. I will be happy if anyone share his/her experiences regarding New Tier 2/ Tier 2 extension while staying in UK ?

Thanks everyone. Be safe.

Dr Sakil Ahmed

Whitehaven, Cumbria

United Kingdom