Difference between carcinogens and oncogen

Oncogenes are genes which produced from proto Oncogenes which may be present inside the normal DNA.

While carcinogens are physical, chemical or biological agents which cause cancer.
A carcinogen is a chemical that can cause cancer, by altering the DNA in a cell. Normal cells have genes called proto-onco genes that control cell division. A carcinogen can change these genes into oncogenes that cause cancer.

So carcinogen is chemical substance ,with the capacity to cause cancer and oncogene is cancer causing gene.
These tumors have been largely associated with exposure to environmental carcinogens and a variety of biological agents, including viruses. These carcinogens can induce specific genetic and epigenetic alterations in these tissues, lead… Oncogenes are mutated and/or overexpressed at high levels in tumor cells
Learn organic chemistry from my channel and score good marks in NEET … I have covered whole NCERT and previous year questions… And also I provide tips and tricks to make the topic easy…
carcinogen is a chemical that can cause cancer. Normal cells have genes called proto-onco genes that control cell division. A carcinogen can change these genes into oncogenes that cause Cancer.