During preparation, how to tackle depression, I get depressed very easily.How to tackle that?

During preparation, how to tackle depression, I get depressed very easily.How to tackle that?

1.Seek professional help.(We are medicos. Let us acknowledge the importance of mental health)

2.Talk things out. Pen down your emotions(whatever it is) on a piece of paper.(You can maintain a diary if you wish to. This helped me a lot to handle the lows.)

3.Take breaks. Burnout is a real thing. Once you are mentally fatigued, you start falling behind in this race. Avoid fatigues. Taking Breaks 2-3 days in a month isn’t a choice but a necessity.

1. We are humans. We need humans. Talk to your family. You may feel that they don’t understand you enough but please be patient with them and communicate as much as possible.
  1. If you are lucky,you will be accompanied by a study partner(Make sure he or she isn’t toxic. Otherwise it gets counterproductive)…Help each other level up the game. Balance each other’s Emotional quotient.EQ is as important as the IQ.

6)Try to meditate for 15 mins or so. Meditation is as important as practicing pyqs. You can listen to spiritual podcasts or audiobooks. You know passively imbibing good vibes.

7)Try to maintain a proper circadian rhythm. Good sleep has got to do a lottttt with your mental health. Eat well,exercise a bit(I used to do ropes and walked for 30 mins or so everyday) and sleep for atleast 8 hours a day.

8)Believe that you can. Study in small intervals and reward yourself during the breaks Remember that the game is a marathon and not a sprint. One day at a time.

9)Cut off toxic batchmates and relatives. Just note down your priorities and don’t look back. Try to befriend non-medicos. The ones from school especially. Thank me later.

I’m not a top-ranker. Neither the best person to speak about how to combat mental health issues.

I’m just a survivor.