Has anyone attempted to call their insurance to extend the number of PT sessions they allow?

Has anyone attempted to call their insurance to extend the number of PT sessions they allow? If you didn’t get an extension on PT sessions how did you handle progress? Did you move on to a personal trainer after that or take the reins and create your own workout program? My fear without PT is I won’t know when I’m ready to play soccer again and I’ll either start too early and reinjure myself or I’ll always be too scared to go back to my active lifestyle before injury if that makes sense. I only get 30 per year and I’m afraid it won’t be enough to get back to a normal active lifestyle. I’m 28 and normal active lifestyle for me is hiking, rock climbing, and recreational soccer. Also currently 3.5 months post op (ACL-R with hamstring autograft) with full extension and flexion (still can’t sit all the way on my heels but am in the normal functional range) so starting to work on agility and more weight training in PT, no running yet though.