Have seen lots of posts where everybody asking about HECTIC

Have seen lots of posts where everybody asking about HECTIC life of residency which branch is less tiresome which is more…? how to bear toxicity? does Seniors overburden you etc etc… Being through internship, residency, senior residency and now consultant just want to share some points which may help those in need…

first year u enter with great expectations n surgeon enter to do surgery medicine enter to diagnose n prescribe earliest … but it’s gradual process don’t run you can’t jump through… medical learning is all STEP BY STEP… In my first year I did feel ki muze bekar me har ghante me bachhon ka pulse saturation check karne bolte… I literally hate that… but gradually when I reached second year I realised that it is so imp… you can catch on babies before they detoriate n can stop them from landing into critical condition…

NO WORK IS BIG OR SMALL

we use to fresh the order sheets keep on putting iv lines in babies shifting babies for investigation etc I get irritated… but I learnt to write prescription start remembering dose… when I take baby for echo the cardiology consultant use to teach me the case n findings in baby… so never hesitate in doing any work
you will learn…

LEARN FROM ALL… we do listen to our Seniors n consultants but we don’t care what nursing staff doing ward boys doing… learn from each n every person… they do tell you many things which help u in emergency conditions when you are alone and no help is there…

KEEP UP YOUR HEALTH AND MIND… eat nicely do try to find leisure time for things you like to do… go out once in while with friends… very imp to keep up with the stress… I always went out with friends post duty after a nap…you can if you want to… or you can sit n keep nagging I dnt get time…

KEEP BOTH EARS OPEN FOR SCOLDING AND KEEP ONE EAR OPEN FOR THE LESSON YOU LEARNT FROM THAT SCOLDING… Don’t keep in heart what Seniors say they are js stressed and it’s all temporary … they don’t have any personal grudge with you … contrary when I landed up in biggest trouble the senior with whom I get annoyed most helped and stood out for me…

SMART WORK… don’t act as donkey work as horse… do things smartly n quickly n save time for self… find ways to get things done faster and better… gadha mazduri nahi karni hai

KEEP CRAVING TO EXTRACT EVERY DROP OF KNOWLEDGE FROM SENIORS AND FACULTY… out of residency you are on your own nobdy can help you then

" Enjoy residency… it will be like you treat it… its burden if you make it or boon if you take it… "
All the best to all upcoming first years…have a beautiful resident journey