Hormone responsible for BP regulation
after a fall due to blood loss.
Correct Answer - A
Ans. is ‘a’ i.e., ADH
(principles of medical physiology p. 573)
Blood pressure is regulated by following mechanisms.
Short term regulation
These mechanisms act immediately and correct the blood pressure
These are :-
- Baroreceptor reflex: Works during Bp range 70-150 mmHg
- Chemoreceptor reflex - Works when Bp below 80 mmHg.
- CNS ischemic response : This the only hope of survival when BP is
below 40 mmHg.
Hormonal release : These are -
- Antidiuretic hormone (ADH) : Increases water reabsorption in
- Angiotensin II: Causes vasoconstriction