How long to get rid of the limp? (ACL and Meniscus)

How long to get rid of the limp? (ACL and Meniscus) I know it varies but just wanted to collect some general responses…

It took me a while. People would tell me I had a slight limp for almost a year. It was just the mental part of getting over it…for me. Once my mind got over it, life went back to normal, limp went away, and muscle came back.

I’m 8 weeks and zero limp…and had a total knee replacement on other knee in December 🤣 but this is my 5th and 6th knee surgeries so I’m kinda used to the PT and recovery.

I am 4 years post ACL and MCL reconstruction and I was hiking with a friend yesterday afternoon and she made a comment seeing such a difference in how I walk in the course of my injury.

It was really cool to hear that from her.

I’m at 5 1/2 months and still have a small limp. Hopefully goes away in a few more months

I’m almost 4 months po and I walk fine! (There are days where I’m more sore than others) I elevate when I can at work on a small foot stool and I use my polar ice machine 1-3 days a week while a sleep. My swelling is minimal, however I’m on my feet 14 hours a day or more and I wear a compression sleeve on my knee while at work. I think it all depends on ur activity level prior & post op. Good luck!