HOW TO SELECT YOUR BABY’S SEX.
Sperm cells are either X or Y. The Egg cell is always X. If X-Sperm cell meets the egg(X) the baby will be a Girl (XX). If Y-Sperm cell meets the egg(X), the baby will be a Boy (XY). The Y-Sperm cells move fast but die fast (its lifespan is about 24hrs). X-Sperm cells move slowly but survive longer (up to 3-4days).
Therefore, if you have intercourse some days before ovulation, most of the Y-Sperm cells would have died leaving mostly X-Sperm cells to fertilized the egg
Here’s a simple way to calculate your ovulation period.
- From the first day you see the blood of your period.
- Pick up a calendar and count 15 days including the first day of the blood stain.
- Mark the 15th day with a pen.
- Mark 3 days before the 15th day, and mark 3 days after the 15th day.
- You will notice you have 7 days marked.
These 7 days are your ovulation/fertile days also known as unsafe period.
That is if you have sex on any of these days, then you have 98% chances of being pregnant.
- Do this every month diligently
- If your period is 11th July, ,
- 15 days after the first day of the blood stain will be on 25th of this July too (2weeks after) counting from 11th.
- 15th day is on the 25th July
- 3days before the 15th day is 22, 23, 24.
- 3days after 25th July is 26,27,28.
- 22-28th July (7days) is when you are ovulating. It is your fertile period.
**Don’t forget that the 4 days is a reminder that sperm stays in the female body for about 4 days. Any sexual contact in between ovulation period will form something …
If you want a baby girl, have
sex between 3 days before ovulation (22- 24th)
Female sperm swim slowly but can stay inside woman body for days without dying off,
For a baby boy on the main ovulation day and 3 days after 25th.(26,27,28)
Male sperm swim very fast but will get weak and die off if no egg found for a while leaving female sperm to finish the job .
MAJOR SIGNS THAT YOUR OVULATION HAS BEGAN…
You don’t need a doctor, just relax. After 2 weeks you may feel the following:
- High body temperature.
- Dizziness (feeling of tiredness and sleepiness).
- Breast tenderness/ size increases just like when you are menstruating.
- Increased sex drive.
- Light cramps or pain on one side of the pelvis.
- Abdominal bloating.
- Heightened sense of smell, taste or vision (you eat more).
- Vagina mucus becomes slippery (if you notice, put it in between fingers…it stretches like thick catarrh or snail mucus…colorless like egg white.
N/B: The instance here is for ladies with 30 days cycle. And someone who saw her period in July . If yours is 28, then it’s 14 days and not 15 days.