I am, Dr Nibraz Ul Haq Omar from Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore

I am, Dr Nibraz Ul Haq Omar from Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore.

NEET PG AIR 10

INICET AIR 59.

I had already posted earlier. Since i’m getting a lot of dm’s asking how i prepared, i thought of elaborating. Hope it’ll be useful.

My preparation started after NEETPG ‘21 (rank 9968). After the exam i realised most of the questions were from marrow qbank.

Time also was a limiting factor. So i decided to rely entirely on marrow qbank ( except for dermatology and psychiatry for which i think videos are must watch) . I watched videos of microbiology also from a different source coz i was very weak in it.

I haven’t written notes for any subject coz i felt whatever was given below each question in the qbank was enough ( that was like notes only🙄)

My journey

1. I used to solve qbank from morning to night ( 10hrs a day, 10-20 modules). Used to get most of the answers wrong in the first attempt. Yes, i used to get frustrated when i performed just 10 or 20% better than my peers. Then i used to go through the explanation and the pearl given below. Ull perform way better when its 2nd or 3 rd revision.

2. From 10-11 in the night i used to solve custom modules from the subject i did that day. 11-12 from the subjects i completed earlier. Custom modules are must i feel to revise.

3. I have given all GT’s. I have given GT’s even before i started doing modules. It is the best way to assess ur progress with all the analytics in marrow. Some GTs will be easy some tough some more of picture based, so its a mixed bag. So u know where u stand when the difficulty changes. TRY TO REDUCE THE NUMBER OF SILLY MISTAKES AFTER EVERY GT’S .

4. Mock test will give an approx idea of ur rank. I was rank 4 in NEET mock.

5. Last 10 days before NEET I just went through all the pearls. Since i had already revised it 3-4 times , could go through it fast.

My advise for my juniors-

1st MBBS to final year- its better u clear concepts by watching videos or from books and then do qbank. Coz doing just the qbank was a big risk i took.

Interns and repeaters- if u have watched all videos or if time is limited do the qbank atleast 3-4 times.

Other questions i get-

• Whether i reset the qbank?

No i didnt. There is an option to hide the answers and u can double tap to see the answer. Less time consuming.

• Whether qbank is enough?

Worked for me.

Unless you are limited by time or repeater, 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤 .

Marrow qbank is gold standard for NEET PG. Same questions are gonna come for the exam. So better to go through it at least 3-4 times.

Exam Tips:

NEET: Attempt 195+. I attempted all 200 . Got 177 correct. I used to look at the options first then read the question. This way u can simultaneously eliminate options while reading the question.

INICET: The trick is to get all the easy and the 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 correct ( easily u’ll be in top 100). The tough ones even the toppers get wrong, it’s a gamble. But always better to attempt more.

Guys! I was just an average student from a private medical college who used to pass with bare minimum marks. NEET PG is a different ball game altogether, u don’t have to be an university topper to ace NEET PG. It’s all about how good u are at solving MCQ’s. So get started, solve the qbank and give GT’s regularly.

Finally i would like to thank MARROW again for an amazing platform and the faculties for clearing doubts in the group.

Thank you!

All the best for NEET PG ‘23