I had a complete ACL tear before two weeks and ACL reconstruction surgery

Hi everyone

I had a complete ACL tear before two weeks and ACL reconstruction surgery with allograft was done on Wednesday here in Sydney. I wasn’t given any knee braces and wasn’t told anything about it. I am also in my 10 months postpartum. So no much pain killers and only on paracetamols amd one breastfeeding friendly pain killer once or twice a day. I am in crutches and the pain is excruciating.

Can someone please let me know if knee braces are important?

and when will the extreme pain get away?

Also when can I weight bear? Next Wednesday will be my appointment with the physiotherapist…

It’s getting too hard with two kids

Just here to give some encouragement…I completely tore my acl at 6 months post partum and surgery 8 months postpartum. It was not easy with a baby but I am now 5 months post surgery, my baby is 13 months, and I feel like I can do everything with her now! I no longer constantly have to think about or worry about my knee while holding her etc.

My dr had me in a brace completely locked straight partial weight bearing with crutches X4 weeks. I started to unlock the brace at 4 weeks and took the brace off completely at 8 weeks.