I had my injury on 12/3 partial tear to my ACL and my meniscus

New here. I had my injury on 12/3 partial tear to my ACL and my meniscus. Plan is to have surgery next week. Anyone have had their hamstring tendon for the surgery? I’m a cyclist so it seems likely for me to get back on the bike then taking it from my other tendon. Getting more nervous as I’m a few days out. My pre PT sessions are going well and increased my ROM since the injury.

I had patella tendon. Told them I wanted to play soccer again so my recovery was pretty long.

Back to playing again after about 22 months (and covid obv didn’t help) but feeling pretty good.

Good luck with it and please know that MANY people here are solid sources for both advice and positivity.

I had a hamstring graft! Full ACL tear and both meniscus torn. Continue doing what you’re doing, it’s a huge mental journey, and do your post op exercises DAILY. I did a 40km bike ride about 8 months post op!

OMG, this is inspiring to know just after 8 months you’re on the bike. It really is a mental game, some days are good and most are bad. But found some support groups to hear what others are going though.

Don’t worry you will get back to cycling before anything else

I had a hamstring graft! Full acl tear, It’s more psychologicaly challenging than physical. hamstring graft is more than enough for biking…

I had a full ACL tear and torn the meniscus in 2 places. I opted for donor graft so not to have to heal from that too. It was a good decision. Had surgery in October. Had a manipulation procedure last week. Finally seeing 125 in rotation. It is mentally a challenge so look for small success to get through PT