I had my post op appointment with my surgeon

I had my post op appointment with my surgeon. My knee is healing, which is awesome! He feels bad about the pain management, unfortunately not alot he can do as I do not want more narcotics. I also had to see his physiotherapist, he’s not a bad guy, but we do not mesh well. I became quite annoyed when he told me I needed to get over my anger and frustration about the cause of my injury. As he was yet to know my story, I made it very clear where and why I stood, it got awkward. Anyways, the drive to my surgeon’s office was an hour each way! Pure agony riding in the car. I sat in the front seat, then the back seat, I could not get comfortable! By the time I got home, I had enough time to quickly ice it and then run to physio. I actually used the bike today, not able to do a full rotation yet, but I am moving! So after a long day of long car rides, 2 physiotherapists, and a surgeon, my poor knee is literally throbbing. I am now in bed, with ice, pain meds, and netflix! Long, painful day with positive progression. 😊 Hope you all had a pain-free and happy day!

Sorry to hear you’re not vibing with your PT. My advice is to ask to see someone else there. They are so very critical to a successful recovery and you need to trust them. Not everyone’s personalities match and that’s ok! You need to be comfortable and as happy and motivated as you can be going there.
Sorry you had such a rough day, but I’m happy to hear the good news that everything looks good. I think we are about the same time post op, and I can’t do the bike full rotation yet either, so don’t be discouraged. One thought on the car ride for what it’s worth. If you have another vehicle, consider trying it next time. I’ve so far ridden in our van, my son’s car, and then had someone drive mine. It was a bit of a goldilocks situation. The van was ok, but hurt. The pilot was terrible then my venza was amazing. The longer floor allowed me to not have to stretch my leg and it was so much more comfortable. Probably a long way to say that, but I just thought I’d throw that out. Get some rest and enjoy your Netflix.
Agreed! I love my PT. Got lucky that I got an amazing one from the start. I’m over six months into healing now and still in PT (I had a lot of surgery and a big recovery process). It’s important to find someone you get along with. My PT has become a friend and after I’m done going to appointments I hope to remain friends, she is awesome