I have secured a rank of 8 in NEET PG 2022 and rank 9 in INICET May 2022 exam

Hi everyone. I am Armaan Saith from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi. I have secured a rank of 8 in NEET PG 2022 and rank 9 in INICET May 2022 exam. This post is to thank and express my gratitude towards the entire marrow team and all faculties, especially Rohan Khandelwal sir who made surgery so interesting and reading Bailey’s almost a cakewalk, Rakesh S Nair sir who’s medicine lectures always helped me integrate so many subjects with medicine. His videos were almost like a high intensity discussion including everything a topic can have from different subjects and I loved it. I would also like to mention Abbas Ali sir who’s lectures helped me understand orthopaedics without actually needing to mug it up and who’s Instagram page helped me navigate through my college and daily life and Rebecca ma’am who made biochemistry feel so easy.

Having said all that, I would like to share with future PG aspirants my strategies for preparation and how I used marrow.

How I used marrow

1. Video lectures - I was a plan C user of marrow and I started using it in the beginning of my final year. I started watching the video lectures with printed notes so as to cover maximum possible syllabus of my final year. I assumed that this was the last time I would be reading these subjects in depth so that I could focus on the remaining subjects in my internship. So I used to see at least 4-5 video lectures daily and read my textbook side by side along with the practical points regarding the respective topic. I used to add the important explanations from the video lectures into my printed notes and I kept on revising those notes.

2. Question Bank - The question bank of marrow is awesome, especially the way the explanations of the answers are framed as well as the new custom module feature. I did all the modules on custom mode and attempted at least 50-100 questions daily, and on good days it went up to 150 questions as well. I read the explanations side by side, so my knowledge increased bit by bit everyday. I continued this throughout final year and internship.

3. Grand Tests - Grand tests are your best friends during PG preparation. They prepare you for the exam day. I gave my first GT in October last year, but I encourage you all to give one today itself if you haven’t started yet, even if the majority of your course is remaining. I used to solve a GT, take an hour’s break and then start reviewing question by question. I read all the explanations well, which took me about 4-5 hours. Then I analysed the GT by writing my 3 weakest subjects in a notebook, and in them my weakest topics. I gave my maximum time in revising these topics. And my GT scores eventually peaked. You can have a look at my GT analytics as well.

4. INICET and NEET PG mock tests - They were a great resource for exam day practice as the exams approached closer. They gave me a clue on how the real exam is supposed to look like, and the level of questions in these mocks was so close to the level of questions in the real exams. The main exam felt like another mock test, that’s how good these tests were. I reviewed them like any other GT as I mentioned above.

General advise

1. Please trust your source of preparation and stick to it!!!

2. Start giving GTs today. It doesn’t matter where you are in your preparation. They are the real gold mine.

3. Do not forget to attempt last 5 years question papers, they are extremely important, especially for INI-CET.

4. Try to exercise or do some physical activity everyday. It will improve your concentration as well.

All the best to all the aspirants. If you have any doubts, you can ask me in the comments.