I’m 6.5 weeks post op ACLR and two days ago

Hey guys! I have a quick question. I’m 6.5 weeks post op ACLR and two days ago I was cleared to get out of the brace and off crutches. I also had a meniscus repair, so I was non weight bearing for 2 weeks and minimal moving/weight bearing up until this past week. When I walk, every now and then, I will get an unstable feeling, almost pre acl surgery, but most of the time I’m fine. Do you think this is just due to the lack of muscle from non use for the last 6 weeks? I don’t have much pain at all, except a little bursitis on the kneecap itself. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Its very good that you are out of braces and crutches in 6.5 weeks. Im 8 weeks post op and still walking with one crutch and smetmes without. I had quad graft and meniscus repait both lateral and medial. So according to me you are doing really well and keep up the good work. I waiting for a day to get rid of the brace and crutch.

I also had a quad graft. I guess it’s getting my mind ready to walk on it too. Thank you, and wish you a speedy recovery!

Can’t wait to get rid of this post op knee brace. I will be 2 weeks ACLR with hamstring graft and meniscus repair on Monday. Looking forward to this. Good work.