I wanted to raise a concern regarding CREST in current COVID situation

I wanted to raise a concern regarding CREST in current COVID situation. I was supposed to start my job from 1st week of June but the whole situation changed after COVID. Now even with best efforts I wont be able to get visa before end of August plus there is 14 days quarantine as well once in UK. In that case I won’t be able to fulfill the criteria for getting my CREST signed off by a consultant before ST1/CT1 round 1 applications.

I believe there will be many in similar situation who won’t be able to apply in round 1 just because they couldn’t make it to the UK due to lock-down and all. Therefore, I would like other people in similar situation to email HEE (health education England) and raise this concern so they consider accepting round 1 applications without CREST signed off with a flexible later date of CREST submission. As it requires us to be observed by a consultant for at least 3 months before getting it signed off.

It will save people like me from missing CCT round 1 because of current pandemic. As there have been other relaxations for doctors due to COVID, so may be if they get number of requests they consider this one as well.