I was involved in a motor vehicle accident

I was involved in a motor vehicle accident on November 29, 2011. My SUV collided with a mobile home that was being transported. The corner of the mobile home struck the front of my vehicle on the driver’s side. I sustained something like 30 fractures-- including both arms, left side of my pelvis (shattered), left femur at hip, left femur above knee, left patella (shattered) and right foot. The left side of my abdomen and pelvis was impaled by a wooden beam. It’s a miracle I survived and a miracle that I can walk. Unfortunately, my left knee does not function well at all. For over a year I had zero left knee motion. After several surgeries this past year, I now have 55 degrees of left knee flexion. I was extremely active prior to my accident. I loved to travel, hike/backpack, play softball, golf, basketball, tennis… You name it, I did it. Since my accident simple tasks like walking, sitting, even lying down are painful and difficult. Since my accident the only activity I had found that I can do is kayaking. But I desperately needed a way to use my lower body so that the condition of my knee can be improved. I found the Retroflex pedal crank in the middle of the night one night while desperately searching for a way to modify a bike to allow me to pedal. I was absolutely thrilled when I found your product. It seems the US offers no such thing. I hadn’t ridden a bicycle since I was about 12 years old, but I ordered it with high hopes it would work for me. And it does! It works beautifully! I didn’t tell anyone in my family that I had ordered it or that there was even a remote chance that I could be able to ride a bike again. Instead, I took the Retroflex crank to a local bike shop, had them fit it on their trainer, and when I saw that I could do it, I immediately purchased a bike. I surprised my family the next day by riding my bike alongside my 4 year old nephew just before his T-ball game. It’s a moment that none of us will ever forget.

I have ridden my bike about 60 miles over the past two weeks. And that’s after almost zero physical activity over the past 2 1/2 years! I’ve absolutely cherished every moment!

Thank you!!

Amy