I went to my 6 week post op appt yesterday and my surgeon cleared me to ride my horses again!

I went to my 6 week post op appt yesterday and my surgeon cleared me to ride my horses again! I was gonna ask but didn’t even need to. He said to go ahead and just ride a safe horse for a while. You got it sir! Talk about a happy happy day! At first they said January/February would be pushing it. Well I guess early December sounded better lol.
MCL/PCL/meniscus tears and ACL rupture. They did a quad harvest to repair my acl. 2x a week PT. I’ve busted my butt to get to the point I can climb back up on my horses. Just have to wait on a custom brace for riding then I’m good to go and I’ve already planned a ride with my best friend again. I’m so beyond ready for this!! Mental clarity here I come

6 weeks. My surgery was Oct 25.

PCL was cleaned up. MCL healed on its own while I waited for surgery. Meniscus mostly healed itself during the wait as well so they left it alone during surgery where they originally were going to repair it. Injury was sept 1st.

Whew! Great news! Be careful! I had a ACL,MCL reconstruction and my PCL ‘self healed’… I was sidelined from riding for 9 months. I would be very interested go see what your brace looks like. Mine only had braces that athletes wear that was not going to work while on a horse.
Ill find out about what it looks like soon and post a picture of it. I’m not going to jump back into arena work for a bit. Still have to get my muscle back. Lots of time yet to get back to riding shape fully. But I fully plan on getting back on the trails lol. The horse pictured is a steady eddie type so I’ll be safe with him. I rode once in the big hinged brace before surgery but after the injury. That was bareback though. So I feel like a smaller hinged brace will be okay for riding that isn’t very technical where i don’t need a lot of leg to make things happen.