In practice we see Corporate scan centres

In practice we see Corporate scan centres give silent cuts in names of Referral fees… The referral culture has been there for decades and many a times I never speak about it because some scan centres and marketing persons will not reduce the fees ( even if we write Maximum reduction/ No Referral ) and they used to pocket that fund as if given to referral doctors…

The corporates has poisoned the doctors to such a level,

People started Taking

-USG abdomen for all Gerd cases

-CT scan brain for all cases with giddiness

-CT chest for dysphagia

• Seen a doctor seeing the patient only after all investigations A -Z available in their hospital is done compulsory

The corruption has now extended to duty doctor level among Fresh MBBS passed out graduates …The duty doctors who are taking care of a ward are starting to do investigations by themselves with intent of getting incentive fees from corporate hospitals… Shocked to hear that some duty doctor gets an incentive more than the salary they get…

Dear juniors., we are in a profession dealing with sentiments and humanity… Money will come when we practice ethically… am not against getting Referral fees from Corporates who engulf and earn huge… But be ethical in doing investigations and making unwanted burden on already suffering patients… if you are planning an investigation that must either change your plan of treatment or it must prove that you are in correct path of management… without above 2 reasons why must you investigate??

I have a lab in my hospital… the lab sister used to come and tell me every 3 days once - pls send some investigations sir only 2 or 3 cases coming for testing ( My OP number per day is 25 max)

You are in a profession where there is no bar for any fees you collect from patients for surgery or consultation… It comes to you based on your talent…

You can charge even 1 lakh fee for a Lap appendectomy as its your decision, let the patient decide whether he wants your treatment and let him go to someone who does at lower fee… nothing wrong…

Some,

Lawyers charge- 1 lakh per hour argument

Auditors charge- 5 lakh for an auditing done in one case

Real estate people earn- 20-30 lakhs per registration of a land

It goes on…

Like Rajinikanth charging 25+ crore to Sivakarthikeyan charging 2-4 crores…

I will say nothing wrong in fixing your payment as it is fixed based on your talent and skill and experience…

But breaking and using the trust the patient had on you is really unethical and a sin which is having no excuse even in HELL…