In the midst of IV fever I am trying to figure out what is acceptable/not acceptable to write in PS

In the midst of IV fever I am trying to figure out what is acceptable/not acceptable to write in PS. So, I sent my PS for professional writing/editing, and the reason why I decided to pursue medicine was my sister. She was fighting with a cancer during war in our country, and she lost her battle! I am not writing this to seek a pity, (that happened over 20 years ago) but honest opinion from people who went through this process and those who are more familiar with purpose of personal statements. So, it was introduction sentence and in conclusion. Only two sentences, just to explain my passion and motivation for medicine after loosing the loved ones due to medical conditions and lack of health care during war.

So, the person I sent the PS for editing said I should leave that part out (mentioning personal loss and war) since PDs might think I am emotionally unstable and have a PTSD! Is she right? I mean, people are loosing loved ones every day. It’s not like life has stopped! If she is right, then no one should be allowed to practice medicine, since it seems like doctors can’t feel the pain of losing loved ones. But, also, I don’t want PDs to pity me, that’s why I am not sure how much personal experience should be mentioned in PS, that it won’t go against us? Thank you!

P. S. Sorry for extra long post