Is anyone working in Southampton or Portsmouth?

Is anyone working in Southampton or Portsmouth?

A little guidance would help a lot. I have to choose between them. Both offers are for 2 years as an SHO in Medicine, with rotations.

lung biopsy of HIV patient showed intranuclear basophilic inclusion bodies with perinuclear halos.patient’s CD4 count less than 100 at the time of the diagnosis.most probable cause is?
A-PCP
B-CMV
C-HSV
D-none of above

Atypical pneumonia can be caused by the following microbial agents except?
A-Mycoplasma pneumoniae
B-Legionella pneumophila
C-Human Corona virus
D-Klebsiella pneumoniae

four dose regimen is administered in post exposure prophylaxis of rabies is?
A-Day 0,3,7,14
B-Day 0,3,7,21
C-Day 0-two doses .day 7 and day 21
D-Day 0,7,14,21,28

A random study on Pulmonary embolism shows
(A)100 patients out of 1000 died who didnot get the treatment
(B) 5 patients out of 100 died who got the proper treatment
Choose the single most likely absolute risk for each of the above mentioned ?
A-Absolute risk 5%
B-Absolute risk 10%
C-Absolute risk 2%
D-Absolute risk 15%
E-Absolute risk 20%.

I am getting a lot of messages in my inbox. It is not easy to reply to everyone, but so far I am managing to reply to everyone. I am sorry if my replies have been late or short. I apologize for that!

If you have any queries, no matter how small they are, please do not hesitate in commenting on the blog or reaching out to me via inbox. However, due to the large number of messages that I am receiving, it would be great if you could please go through my blog first, to make sure that the information you are looking for has not already been provided.

During the next few days or weeks or months, I will get busier and I might not be able to respond to all the Facebook tags and comments from my notifications. So Inbox and commenting on my blog is a better way of making sure that I respond.

I would just like to put it out there. There is very limited knowledge on the Clinical Assessment Exam, this exam is designed by the UK Foundation Programme Office for those applying for FY1 training jobs and have graduated 2 years or more by the start of the programme. So I have done the PLABs and the CA exam within a year, so I have a good insight on the similarities and differences and I hope, with the best of my ability, I can guide others who are going through a similar path. It is still early stages but I am hoping I can launch this into something beneficial for both IMGs and UK graduates (yes they have to do it too). If this applies to you, please inbox me. Or if you have questions or queries on the CA exam, also feel free to inbox me.
Thank you
Roaa
P.S Like I said its still early stages so nothing is official yet but I’m in the process of it and I’m hopeful
P.P.S This exam is only for those who have NOT done internship/houseman and wish to do so here in the UK. Please go on the foundation programme website for more details as it’s too lengthy to explain.
If this does not apply to you, I’m sorry I can’t be of help.
Also I’m a British citizen, so I also can’t answer questions on immigration visas etc

A 33-year-old has an infection in pregnancy. Which of the following is a reinfection, and therefore not a risk to the fetus?
A-Group B coxsackie virus
B-Rubella virus
C-Chickenpox virus
D-Shingles
E-Herpesvirus hominus type 2

A 26-year-old female nurse has had recent contact with patients with AIDS and tuberculosis (TB), and now has a positive tuberculin skin test. Her test was negative a year ago. She has no other medical complaints.
Testing to exclude which one of the following is most important before starting latent TB therapy with isoniazid (INH)?
A-Active TB
B-Previous hepatitis
C-Diabetes mellitus
D-Neuropathy
E-Pregnancy

various types of urinary incontinence, identify this description?
-leakage of urine because of inability to delay voiding after sensation of bladder fullness is perceived?
A-Stress
B-Urge
C-Overflow
D-Functional

UTI >14 day, most probably chance of Pyelonephritis
A-0.05%
B-0.5%
C-5%
D-50%

Gram negative diplococcic is classical for?
A-Gonorrhea
B-Chlymedia
C-Syphilis
D-Chencroid