It is medical etiquette to not charge a fellow doctor for consultation

It is medical etiquette to not charge a fellow doctor for consultation

People who are commenting saying it has nothing to do with ethics

Have obviously not read fm and their ug period well

Only god can save our community from ignorance

As a doctor, I feel really hesitant when someone does not take the fees. So I guess it’s all on your mental setup. And there’s something called personal judgement as well. You offer a service you get paid for it. Simple. The etiquette part is subjective and NOT BINDING

It is not a rule

Etiquette is our moral compass it is not law

Yes it is not binding

for me everytime plus they treat u like ur nothing paise de rhe h to at least u should treat naki bas investigations its been an year still that doctor does not came to conclusion aby my mom’s condition rheumatologist she is…and now she is not picking calls because she changed hospital isko har visit k paise dene k baad yeh haal… At least jo isne ulta prescribe kia jisse reactions ho rhe h unka solution bata deti

I think every doctor is different in this case. I took my mom to the ortho doctor and he had to perform a minor procedure on her. He didn’t charge anything… Not even consultation fee after he came to know I was a doc myself. But some other doctor did. It all depends on the doctor himself. Nothing to do with ethics.