It was my daughter's 3 months post op visit (ACL/Hamstring)

It was my daughter’s 3 months post op visit (ACL/Hamstring) yesterday and we are both a little confused. She is doing really well. The brace can come off and she has started to jog. Her PT keeps on telling her that she has never had someone that is recovering so quickly. Yet surgeon said that she can’t return to dance before Feb 2022. I tried to explain to him that she was not expecting to dance full out but wanted to know what kind of training she would be allowed to do, so she would be able to go back. All he said she can swing her leg up but not go on pointe. Obviously he does not know dance training. So any suggestions on where we go from here. It is a fine line - she wants to do more but is also worried about doing some harm to her knee.
The injury was from a skiing accident. Yes she is very concerned about losing form and flexibility. She is a competitive dancer but she is not expecting to do any of that anytime soon. She wants to go back to work on strength and flexibility and when I asked surgeon if she would be able to do floor barre as along as she didn’t jump or went on her toes or if she could take a Pilates reformer class, he looked at me with a blank look. He had no idea what I was talking about.

Use the physician’s guidance as a tool to make your health decisions and be aware of the risks. I think you might ask other dancers too. Your doctor seems conservative, but that is because he has seen failed outcomes… They are not pretty.
I think a lot comes down to the question whether or not her strength is sufficient and also the same in the operated leg vs the other one. Once strength is back and sufficient she has a good base to start exercises that include jumping and turning, because those muscles give a lot of stability to correct and guide her movements, absorb impact and brace yourself in unexpected situations. I started jumping exercises at 3 months post op and prerequisite was symmetrical quad strength and good enough hamstring strength, otherwise it isn’t safe. I don’t know much about dance, but I guess you need to pass the same tests to return to the basics of any sports.

I agree that symmetry is a very important factor. The less equal the strength and flexibility in the two legs, the more likely an injury will occur.