Just a tip that might help, when preparing for an exam like Qe1

Hi Guys!

Just a tip that might help, when preparing for an exam like Qe1 which is not a specialty exam but a standardized exam to prove you as a safe Dr, and next step is to test your knowledge, basically what we must remember is to know the basic concept for example for the renal diseases, how do they present and how can we make the diagnosis what is the generalized idea of treatment, the paper would not ask us to differentiate between two diseases in the same system as that would become a trick question,

For example nephritis
Nephrotic generalized edema,
Nephritic facial edema , puffy eyes

the examiner would expect you to know the basic concept of edema that it can occur in nephritis

When you study you should be able to tell the difference but the examiner will not ask you a question testing you between two diseases.

Few questions would always be there for people who study extra hard to get higher marks, but if you are not that type it’s ok.

I am not an outstanding student or have photographic memory I hate cramming, having to remember things.I always like to do minimum to pass.

So moral is anything under the sun can be asked in the questions, but if you have the basic idea on how to treat the renal disease
Any question u read in the exam regarding renal disease you should be able to answer.

So get your concept correct. There are many Dr here who have passed the exam, plz correct me if I am wrong, or would like to add on you guys are welcome.

My personal opinion, not quoting anyone hope it helps.

Sincerely
D.AM