Landed in Hanoi yesterday and trying to decide between moving to Sapa

Landed in Hanoi yesterday and trying to decide between moving to Sapa and Halong now or flying to Phu Quoc tomorrow, spending a few days there and making my way back up to Hanoi in the next few weeks to do Sapa and Halong before I leave again in exactly 3 weeks. Will use flights from Da Lat or Danang to save time. Just not sure about the weather forecast. Sapa expects some thunderstorms, Phu Quoc some light rain. I assume no hiking is possible with thunderstorms in Sapa anyway, so might as well try that in the end…? Thanks!

Spend 2 days 1 night in Ninh Binh it worth a lot

Weather in Halong same as here in Hanoi, yesterday even more fog than in Hanoi. Don’t know about Sapa but If you are flexible go to Halong later.

Already decided to go south first, thanks guys!

I wouldn’t bother with phu quoc! Beaches weren’t clean and it was just full of tourists. Spend your time elsewhere to get a better Vietnamese experience