My mrcp journey

MY MRCP JOURNEY

This group helped me a lot , so it’s time to return back the favour to the future MRCP aspirants. Cleared both MRCP 1 & 2 written in the first attempt in 6 months time. I also cleared Plab1&2 simultaneously, altogether 4 successful exams in 2019. If I was able to do it, so can everyone one of you. I understand each doctor’s life/situation is different, but still every exam is doable,just believe in yourself and start working towards your goal.

Part 1

Prime reading source : Stepup by Magraby ( revised 4 times) The guidelines in this book are outdated, but you can update them via online question pools.
Study time : around 3 months
Question pool : online passmedicine and online pastest.
After reading a topic from Magraby notes, I did that topic’s questions from online passmedicine. Likewise I solved passmedicine fully once, revised 75% of it later (subscription expired towards exam, so I couldn’t revise the remaining 25%). In Online pastest , I did 100 questions from each speciality as I felt it was impossible for me to solve all 5500 questions. And I also had no time for revising online Pastest.
I had made my own notes while solving questions and revised them thrice before exam.
Solved 5 past papers from Pastest along with RCP mock. I finished my exam 30mins before and checked all answers.
Cleared May diet of 2019.

Part 2

Had exactly 65 days for study, so I meticulously planned my preparation.
Study source : Stepup by Magraby. Had time to read Magraby notes only once this time.
Question pools : online passmedicine and online pastest. Solved both completely once ,took elaborate notes while solving questions and revised them thrice before exam.
Due to time constraints, I couldn’t revise the online questions pools, also couldn’t do any extra study for images. But I felt the images covered by both online pools were sufficient.
Solved 8 past papers from Pastest with RCP mock.
My exam was terrible, I was rushing through the last 20 questions and I didn’t feel good after exam but I was confident that I would pass.
Cleared October diet of 2019.

Important points

Read and revise your primary study source many times. Strong theory knowledge is required for a smooth pass . I would recommend online question pools to books.
Time management in exam is vital, especially in part2.
Solving two qbanks is the key to pass confidently (I have heard many say Onexam is a good source, so I would suggest that also,but I used only passmedicine and pastest for both my exams)
Make your own notes like one-liners while solving questions, these notes should be revised atleast thrice before exam.
Solve minimum 5 past papers one week before exam along with RCP sample questions and aim to score above 65% in them.
Perseverance is mandatory in MRCP journey, it’s easier to get depressed than to stay focused ,so think positive ,be confident and pray hard.

Good luck to everyone :+1:

For any further doubts, please post in comments (as I don’t see personal messages)