My son is having atopic dermatitis since 4 months

My son is having atopic dermatitis since 4 months … he will turn 6 month old next week and we will start his solids … any suggestions on foods to avoid

Did you notice any issues so far while breastfeeding - if you breastfed even for a short time? we were introducing according to normal plan, just being more careful what the reactions are and if dermatitis would get worse. I only saw some aggravation after introducing milk products, but I only offer yoghurt /cheese 1-2 times a week to help build tolerance (in our case we came from no milk formula). There are lists of allergens on google like celery, egg white, millk, cereal etc. but as far as my dr told me WHO recommends introducing alergens by 1 yr. I also combined purees with BLW to make sure I catch reactions to the specific new introduced food (ex strawberry I was looking also around her mouth etc), but we were lucky so far. Good luck!

He is on complete breast milk … I haven’t completely stopped dairy tomato and chocolates … my dermat paediatric said food I take doesn’t affect his flares …

I’m really confused on that though …!

I know doctors who says it matters what you as a mother eat and mothers who stopped eating what was causing issues to babies. Probably different approaches. In my case we come from formula without milk and dermatitis appeared while being on that, before introducing solids… so I have no true idea how to relate to food, I just watch and see if it gets worse.

Also I’m planning to not introduce dairy to him till he turns 1 … but other than that what foods should I avoid

Make a food diary, and consult the pediatrician. It might also be worth talking To the doc about vitamin D. It’s involved in immune function, and it’s not uncommon for people to be deficient these days.