No weight bearing sucks. Can you get around with crutches?

no weight bearing sucks. Can you get around with crutches? Maybe it sounds a bit harsh but what helped me best get through that first period is not feeling sorry for myself and pushing myself as much as possible to still do stuff. For example after a few days I cleaned the bathroom on crutches 😅 except the floor, left that for my husband 😉 it’s really uncomfortable but it feels so good to do things. I cooked and baked sitting down in a chair in the kitchen. Helps you mentally as well. Go for a walk around the block on crutches to clear your mind. Take your pain meds when necessary so you can still do things. And after a week I started upper body training. That was very good for my knee (increased blood flow) and mind. I’m not sure what the problem is with your shoulder but together with the pt you can maybe find exercises you can do seated or on the floor. Staying active really helps your body and mind. Good luck!

Sorry to hear. Do you have crutches or a transfer type wheel chair?

I used both after my ACL tear. The transfer chair allowed me to still beable to at least clean my kitchen and I vacuumed from it too. Yes a bit more awkward but it gave me a way to be somewhat functional. On better days I’d stand to do dishes, wipe counters, if legs started to hurt too much which happened a lot😉 I’d use chair. That chair was a God send for me.

Just a thought that would allow you to get around a bit more.

Some days it’s just so hard to slog through the pain and frustrations. You’re not alone, the bad moments can be difficult.

I am 3 weeks PO now and feel completely different then I did at 7 days.

Everyday something will feel a little more “normal” and then one day you will wake up and realize your pain is less, or your mobility is a teeny bit better.

It’s a day by day battle, be easy with yourself and find the little positives … and don’t worry about your partner … this is your journey and you’re not failing anyone, you’re healing and moving forward and it’s not instant!

You got this!