North American Spine Society is a very elite body of Orthopaedic and neuro surgeons

North American Spine Society is a very elite body of Orthopaedic and neuro surgeons who are into the latest cutting edge technologies in management of back problems.

3D imaging, robotics, Vesseloplasty, key hole awake surgery, MISS (minimally invasive spine surgery), highly complex instrumentation, disk replacement, and closed scoliosis Instrumentation were some of the topics for 2019 Jakarta Indonesia meet.

Thus I was justifiably surprised when the president Prof Darwanoo invited me to not only Attend the meeting, but also chair two Sessions, moderate two, and give two dialectic lectures in the event.

I accepted with trepidation in my heart. I was blissfully unaware on the recent robotic and 3D spine stuff and all I could talk about was my philosophy of conservatism and tricks of sodium channel blockage.

The other guest lecturers were from USA, Canada, Japan, Korea, Spain , Turkey, Mexico , Egypt, UK, Malaysia, Singapore etc

But three surprises awaited me and I felt overwhelmed and blessed as I realised that I was very well known and recognised in international Orthopaedic community as many surgeons came rushing to me and asked me if I was the same guy who had invented a shoulder reduction method and wanted to take selfies with me!!

My talks which I thought were quite basic and ordinary got standing ovations with many questions from delegates and faculty.