Saw rank 1 got alloted IPGMER

Saw rank 1 got alloted IPGMER

Why did Amartya Sengupta leave AIIMS DELHI?

PS - everyone is talking about how aiims has less hands on. But the issue is why sskm instead of mamc, vmmc, seth gs

Hey pal, so I think it’s about time I finally let it out. Instead of speculations I think it’s best you take it from me.Thanks for the question. This was a completely personalised decision, mainly due to a “lot” of issues going on in my personal life and they were REALLY , REALLY troublesome for me , I was literally at the edge , trying my best to keep going . I am not willing to disclose what exactly was eating me up from the inside.AIIMS HARDLY HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT. You really think I left the most coveted institute which was always my dream based on some fancy whim?Can you IMAGINE HOW HARD THAT MUST HAVE BEEN FOR ME ? Also I have been seeing this institute bashing and state bashing nonsense going on in this group for a long time. Why can’t people just live and let live? As for the seat blocking , I left Aiims in November before the inicet session so my seat was carried over and hence it didn’t get wasted.

One last thing, to those who are busy abusing me ,calling me names and what not, for them, you know what you are.

I can only wish for your happiness and well being . I had to do what I had to do to save myself. I had to return home to SAVE MYSELF from MYSELF.

Also, What’s wrong in choosing my own state? It’s my goddamn home.

I am really pained to see the situation of the URs but misdirecting your anger towards someone else who has worked his ass off and has rightfully earned his seat isn’t fair.

Peace.

If he really want to become a good surgeon, he took the right decision to leave AIIMS Delhi! Coz Surgical branches have best hands-on in west bengal only!!! 😇🙏❤️… not in any AIIMS institute! AIIMS is good for all non-surgical branches! And no point in doing MCH, if a surgeon can’t do a good surgery, or feels nervous while doing surgery!🥲i feel he took the best decision to join a college in west bengal ( for surgery only). If he wanted any non-surgical, medicine branch then any AIIMS would have best for him

I think we really have no business in poking into others’ lives. Even if we aspire to know because we’re planning to go down the same path, we can always ask politely. It’s very disheartening to see people blame him for wasting a seat when they didn’t do enough research about carry forward seats.
I’m from NRSMCH, Kolkata. Dr. Amartya had upgraded from our college to MCK. Tbh Internship in Bengal is 70% as hectic as a 1st year PG’s life. We’ve done everything from accompanying kids to CT scan dept. to assisting profs in Pediatric Surgeries & do an entire tracheostomy by ourselves under supervision. I understand that for state colleges, protocols are pushed on the back bench.
Centrals & States have their own pros & cons when it comes to Surgical Speciality.
But on a personal note, after going through an Internship as intense as the one that NRSMCH gave me, I’d feel, to say the least, hurt for not being give more of things that I want to do.
NRSMCH was my mental safe space. Even today as I prepare for NEET PG 2022, I feel torn between the bond imposed by Bengal & the second to none college environment in the state which was even better than home. This must be something that only Bengalis may relate to because it’s more prevalent in our state. We choose the colleges here to stay close to home. Being a probashi Bengali I can relate to it even more. I had the privilege to come across some really brilliant PGTs who taught me so much. Some of my professors were like my parents. My first posting was in Pediatrics and I remember how there was this granny from Bihar who knew only Bhojpuri. I was made the interpreter between her & my professors. There was only gratitude from the latter.
If given the chance between doing a hectic Internship at NRSMCH & choosing to do externship in order to have more time to prepare for NEET, I’d choose the former any day.
I’m sure everyone from West Bengal can see where he is coming from.
Whether he chose AIIMS or SSKM. It was his personal choice & we have no business, rudely commenting about the things we can’t comprehend.