So I had ACL/MCL surgery back in January 2020

So I had ACL/MCL surgery back in January 2020. coming up on almost two years post op. But I just feel like I might need reconstruction surgery. I have constant pain, which I get it’s never going to be 100% again after surgery. But today has just been so bad. I can barely put weight on my leg without a sharp shooting pain running through my shin. And it’s pretty swollen & im not able to straighten it out completely. I feel like in the last 2/3 days I might have pulled something in my leg that’s causing me to feel like this because it’s normally NEVER so bad where I can’t put weight on my leg. I guess my question is - how did you know you needed reconstruction surgery? I have a doctors appointment in a couple weeks. But just looking for some others input! Thank you 😊 pic is from a week post op back in 2020.

You should be back to “normal” by 2 years post op. I’d def go to the dr ASAP and maybe also get a 2nd opinion from another doc. I’m 1 year post op and 99% normal. The only thing I still have trouble with is kneeling (probably forever) and still some stiffness if it’s bent for a long time (that’s likely scar tissue).

Don’t waste anymore time and get another opinion. This is my 2nd acl, my first one was on my other leg and my recovery wasn’t progressing due to scar tissue and my dr said it was fine and normal, I waited a year then got another opinion and I was mad that I waited so long.

Was there an event which brought on the current issues?