So my fertility doctor said something interesting to me the other day

So my fertility doctor said something interesting to me the other day. I had started dealing with atopic derm in Jan 2020 which I thought was due to hair dye but we moved into a new place in Sept 2019 and not long after that is when I started getting terrible rash and itching, EVERYWHERE. She suspects it could be related to my living space and now I’m curious if anyone has gotten dermatitis from environmental changes?

Thats very much possible. The new environment can have different types of pollen, more dust, less dust, etc etc… the new place such as a house or apartment could have varnishes, paints, wood, wallpaper, and more stuff that you could be allergic to. I recommend getting patch tested and skin prick tested to see if there is something specific causing it. I helped my cousin move into an apt where her room mate burns scented candles all day long, my eyes immediately got itchy and watery so i know scented candles are okay once in a while but i cant be in the kind of atmosphere where the scent particles constantly linger in the air. I have been patch tested and skin prick tested and im allergic to dust mites and 2 specific types of grass pollen.

Ah thank you for sharing. I might have to do this again. I’ve been skin tested before but 2 years ago.

oh i see. Yeah, testing again could be beneficial. I got tested in 2017 when I only had the dust mite allergy, but this time around in 2021, the grass pollen, walnuts, pine nuts, and pecans also showed up as allergens in addition to dust mites. Im hoping that since I developed the allergies out of the blue, they’ll probably disappear on their own. A girl can dream