The Fear of Losing... Yes it's big write up.. But if you are a PG aspirant-

The Fear of Losing… Yes it’s big write up… But if you are a PG aspirant- You must read this at this point of time…

It’s just 10 days for your exam… 1.7 lakh students have applied for the exam and each and every student is doubting themselves- whether I will get a seat?

Is this Fear worthy?

Will you get a seat?

Here I would like to bring some situations which I have come across in past 15years of PGMEE coaching and experiences with students…

Story of Dr. RAM,

yes he is a very very average student with poor academic career in his college days. Right from the beginning of preparation he used to be sincere and attentive in all classes, As exams are nearing, he started having some issues in his family and unable to concentrate for last 2 months… He used to call me once in every 3 days that is about to lose the seat that year… I know very well he has done all the preparation extra ordinarily . I used to tell him “the last few days most important is not studying - but keeping the mind calm and relaxed”… He kept all his books closed for 10 days before exam just chilling out and relaxing… With great doubts of getting a seat he appeared for the exam and he cracked - Rank 25 and joined MS ortho and he used to recall his stress and the way he overcome whenever I meet him…

So please don’t think there is some issues running around you making you unable to concentrate is going to pull out what you read so far… The seed you sowed will definitely reap…

Story of Dr Shyamala

Being a girl and sitting to prepare for exams at age of 24 is really a tough thing. Dr Shyamala is from a private college UG…and wanted to show to her parents and the relatives what she is capable of. She when joined for class her only request to me is that she wanted to get a merit seat - MD general medicine . Yes, she is very sincere and dedicated student, she was attending all the tests and classes until 2 months before exam. The problem started now, her parents got an extra ordinary alliance and wanted to finish the engagement atleast. With 50 days before exam she could not concentrate and started getting the depression and fear that she won’t achieve. Her Husband side family were very rich and were telling that they will get her a MD RD seat once she clears the exam… Her dreams started to shatter… She nearly gave up and I told her that her Boundary of preparation is already over and these 50 days are just buffer days and asked her to just keep having glance of whatever she can do with her notes and keep herself cool and relaxed as much as possible… She called me on the day of result- She told that she couldn’t believe herself that she got rank 1200 and was about to get her dream seat in Madras medical college… The words she told while calling me will be definitely a motivation for you… " She told she didn’t / couldn’t read anything for last 20-30 days and she actually gave up and wanted to give her best with cool and relaxed mood"… yes that’s the one which actually brings the rank…

Story of Mr. Sam, an unbelievable achiever :

I used to get irritated with one student in class, always having fun and not serious in his classes… Dr Sam from a reputed Government College, with average / below average performance in his college academics… I have never seen him getting a top rank in class tests, his scores will be very bad. I thought this guy is going to study in some other institute next year… 2 months before exam , we are not having any classes at that time, I met him in a reading room with beard and uncut hair. I asked him why you feel so much abnormal. He told " No sir, I am absolutely fine. I am compiling all the classes and preparing sincerely past 1 month. He was hundred percent sure of cracking the seat. I wondered what made this change in him. His answer is miraculous and that’s what needed for everyone… His roommate who was preparing with him got a rank in AIIMS , MD Medicine , has criticized him badly that he will never ever get a PG seat with whatever efforts he can put and he has asked Dr SAM to go and look after the textile business of his father … The day he decided he must throw all his recreational activities and plan and achieve… Yes he is a motivation for me when I was preparing for MCh entrance at that time… His rank was in Double digit in that All India exam… I realized , even if you are not good in initial preparation, you can achieve it with last few days of hardwork… CRICISMS and BULLYING made Dr SAM an Interventional radiologist now, with an earning per month equal to the yearly income of his friend who completed MD medicine from AIIMS…

None of them are stories- they are actually real happenings I have seen…

It’s near exam time and I don’t want to tell stories and waste your time. I will end up with one Last story ( It won’t be a story and will be a real happening )… which will make you sit in your chair tip for next 10 days of exam…

Here comes Dr. YOU… Due to Covid restrictions and various Sequelae, Dr. You could not have a face to face class or interaction with his friends for studying… Dr You is sincerely preparing for past 1 and half years. Every time when exams are postponed or somebody puts a case for exam postponement Dr You used to get upset and depressed because he wanted to give up the exam and come out of this hell and go for a beach or resort for next few months. But due to exam postponements and various online platforms GT scores , he was in full depression , even with suicidal thoughts many days. His sleeplessness aggravated… Whenever he lies down with closed eyes… his brain starts questioning him- Will you get a seat? Whatever you have studied all are gone … will you be able to recall the things you read … Dr YOU, gets a clarity on one day… He knows this is a race and the race is won by the one who runs without fear and suspicion of success… He knows he will succeed… He keeps all his fear, depression, problems, family issues everything away and starts preparing and revising. He feels he is the only person going into the examination hall with non swollen eyes and Fresh in mind. He sits in front of the computer with 200 percent confidence… He kicks out all the question to Goal. he could answer even the toughest question just like that and he completes the exam 30 minutes before the schedule… Exam results are announced after days… Dr YOU is top in the chart and he is about to get a seat which he never even dreamt of…

The last story is the story of EVERY TOPPER… none other than YOU… Reply me with your result … I will be waiting for your Story to tell to the next batch students,

All the best

Dr Rajamahendran-“knife or Pen”

Author, Surgery Sixer for PGMEE

Surgery Faculty