We All Know, Branches are Gender Neutral

Serious Opinion Needed:

We All Know, Branches are Gender Neutral…It doesn’t Matter If You’re A Boy Or A Girl…But As We’ve Seen, Most Of The Older Professors In OBGY are males, but the most number of PGTs I’ve Seen, Are Females(almost all) Even New SRs Too…And There’re Some Reports That Corporates are Now Also Preferring Female OBGians over Males…So As Far As Working Opportunities Go, In Mid-life, Will Male OBGians Face Discrimination Via Corporates And Patients Preferring Females Over Males, And Taking OBG will be a bad choice over Say, General Surgery ( I Actually Never Worked As A General Surgery Housestaff and only did Internship, and I Think I Was Good In Surgical Handworks, Thus I Prefer OBG and Surgery Only)

Also, Will I Face Depression If I Choose Anaesthesia If I Loved Surgical Subjects ?

DNB is not Nish.

You have a good rank compared to the first attempt, you should give a try again. It is tough for MS to pass DNB, though it is better to pass at the pass rate of MS.

Hi, if you wanted gs/obgy take that. Don’t compromise on branch. Anesthesia would be great as a branch but if you aren’t happy (seeing ot being done by surgeons where you wanted to be) it’s not worth it. If you can please see the career counseling videos on obgy. As far as I know male obians won’t face a problem in the long run at all

No discrimination bro, in fact outside kolkata most of the renowned obgy are mostly male

One who has love for surgical branches should stick to his untill achieved…my best wishes for all upcoming exams

People often follow some odd reasons…if it’s routine opd consultation they prefer female obgy doctors but the moment she advises some surgical intervention they start scampering in search of male ones!

The subject which you like should be taken… Be it OBG, surgery, anaesthesia… You should find yourself in a place, where you will be happiest and choose that only…

Discrimination will happen only as long as it is implemented… It’s okay if you don’t care…

No one knows what will happen after 10-20years. So follow your heart.