What foods are to avoid to not trigger atopic dermatitis?

hi just want to ask what foods are to avoid to not trigger atopic dermatitis? I still haven’t done my food allergy testing but my dermatologist told me just avoid chicken and eggs and some seafoods.

Try FODMAP diet or the AIP protocol. Usually you have to be disciplined and remove a lot and stay strict and then reintroduce slowly to see what flares you. Think of what your diet generally consists of, dairy, meat, gluten, nut milk, read your labels and see the common ingredients maybe it’s eggs, ive had to remove soy long term and gluten

Eggs, wheat, fruit and nuts and seeds do it for me. Also certain foods that trigger an oral allergy. Too much dairy triggers my flare-ups too, though it didn’t show up on a prick test. Processed foods do me no good either, when I slip. When I maintain my carnivore diet, everything subsides. I agree that AIP/paleo could be a good start. 🙂 apart from that, everyone has different triggers and it’s hard to tell someone else what to eat or not…

so u eat chicken?? Im avoiding chicken for a month even though im not sure if it really triggers my AD

Yes, from what I’ve gathered, egg allergy seems to be linked to allergy to feathers rather than the meat. I don’t like eating it too frequently though - once or twice a week. If I eat it a few days in a row, it doesn’t feel too good… I try to buy local, grass fed chickens. Beef is the food I feel best with and I try to eat it as often as I can. Nose to tail.

In my experience, it’s reaaaly hard to nail your food problems with elimination diets if you have AD without testing. After 4 failed elimination diet attempts in the past few years, I’ve started carnivore out of desperation, everything, the skin, the mood, the energy levels, improved for a while, then I started stalling with my healing, not feeling too great (never as bad as it was before carnivore). Eventually I figured out that the cause was too much dairy and the egg allergy…

Triggers are going to be highly individual. I can eat dairy until the cows come home but any mount of wheat is a no and moderate amounts of white potato or almonds are as well for me.

You can eliminate things you suspect or you can go narrow like with an AIP diet and slowly readd. The second method works better if you have no idea on what is bothering your system.