What to expect in dnb emergency medicine ? What all will i learn?

What to expect in dnb emergency medicine ? What all will i learn ? And future prospects? Do emergency medicine people also manage icu ?

Ull learn all emergency & life saving procedures

A mix of surgical & medicine ,ull stabilize patient before they r shifted to respective departments

Theoretically you’re supposed to learn how to handle medical and surgical emergencies. Stabilise the patients in the ER, start the initial treatment, etc.

In practice however, you’ll pretty much call the consultants of other departments to let them know that a patient has come and needs admission whenever a new patient comes. Then if the consultant decides to admit then you admit the patient otherwise you discharge the patient home or to another medical setup. Apart from that you’ll be dealing with a lot of patients with problems that can be dealt in the OPD but they don’t want to go to the OPD because they don’t want to wait in a queue or the respective consultant has some other engagement and thus isn’t available at that moment.

Can emergency medicine person manage ICU ?

according to hod of the dept i joined, critical care is a paper in dnb em exam. And EM is a feeder of dm crirical care