When should I see a healthcare provider about atypical depression?
Seek emergency medical help if you have thoughts of harming yourself or suicide. If you are experiencing sad mood or a loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities for a period of 2 weeks, make an appointment with your healthcare provider or talk to someone you trust such as a friend, family member or faith leader.
What questions should I ask my doctor?
If you have atypical depression, you may want to ask your doctor:
- What is the cause of my atypical depression?
- What is the best treatment for this type of depression?
- What signs of complications should I look out for?
- Should I follow up with a different kind of doctor?
- What support resources are available to me?