Which is better USMLE or PLAB?

Which is better - USMLE or PLAB?

USMLE is better because it’s easier to get ready. You have many resources available for that exam + it’s more clinical based. Knowledge-wise, USMLE is harder, but it’s gonna be easier if you use right resources.

I would’t recommend to take different resources for each subject. This will do so much harm for you, as your brain will just burst eventually. You should make sure that you use as few resources as possible to have the same style of teaching in every subject. Of course, if you are currently studying medical subjects you should use a book but for USMLE prep just use latest First Aid and subscribe to Lecturio. This is my golden combination, which will help you throughout your whole preparation time (+ you’ll economize hundreds of dollars). So this is how I use First Aid and Lecturio together:

• First Aid shows you what are important aspects of the topic that you must know for step 1. I basically go through one topic and if I need more explanation I go to book matcher in Lecturio app, type the page number from FA and platform gives me the relevant videos regarding that page, from which you can choose in which area are you interested. You can also read the topic, but I prefer to watch it.
  • After I’m done with revising the whole chapter, I go to the Qbank, choose that topic (For example anatomy - musculoskeletal) and do the questions from there.
  • You can also do MCQs which are provided in the end of every video lecture, those questions will come back to you days after which will help you to develop long term memory.
  • Dr Ossareh has a course there called medical survival guide, which is actually really helpful!
  • When you get close to the test day, use 30 day and 90 day preparation schedules which are also provided by Lecturio.