A man presents to his primary care physician with a chief complaint of lower back pain. He is not particularly concerned about the pain, as it is not causing him significant distress. However, he works at a factory and he would like a letter to be sent to his boss, stating that he needs some time off to recuperate. Before agreeing to write the letter, the physician takes a more detailed history. Which of the following findings would be most reassuring to the physician?
- (A) Age of 60 years
- (B) Duration of symptoms >1 month
- © History of prostate cancer
- (D) History of recurrent urinary tract infection
- (E) Relief of pain with nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs
- (F) Unexplained weight loss