Writing this post just to aware you about PLAB.This is not for NEET PG

Writing this post just to aware you about PLAB.This is not for NEET PG … So you can check this out if you wanna know a bit about a journey of Indian doctor for his career in UK.

Hello Plabers it’s Dr.Avik from kolkata… I completed my internship on March 19.Recently I passed plab1 (march2020) so would like to write something for all you guys specially for Indian doctors… THE WHOLE IDEA OF NEET PG&PLAB IS DIFFERENT.see passing PLAB is not a big deal but the strategy is the most important key…
It all starts from OET. I would like to suggest all of you who are reading this blog that DON’T go for IELTS. It might be cheaper but there is a high chance that you get a suboptimal score in writing section… So why to take risk for that… Better you invest your money and energy for ONE single time and clear OET. It’s easier to pass OET. If you can achieve 400 in all modules then only u’ll be eligible for a FY2 post job . Otherwise you can start with SHO. It’s always advisable that in a foreign land better you start your career as a SHO (non training post) then you can easily step up to a training course.

I cleared my OET on july2019. Then searched for a slot in India for PLAB 1. When I searched there was slots for November but I didn’t go for that… I chose March 2020 . Here is the strategy I would like to tell you why I chose March instead of November…

1. I got quite a large window period for my preparation… Life is not like a rat race… so better you collect all your materials and then start to prepare…
  2. if I would book a slot in November then I wouldn’t have that pleasure to enjoy Durgapuja and Diwali . That’s very important for me…
  3. mostly all the doctors who appeare for PLAB are working doctors. And in India 99.9% doctors prepare for NEET PG exam which held on the month of January (1st wk) so everyone would like to take study leave in the month of November and December. But they really work hard after the PG exam i.e. till August… so when you’ll have you exam on March you don’t have to think for a study leave as your colleagues would love to replace your duty days… but if you seek study leave during October/November (for November PLAB) they would not like to replace your duty as they are working hard for their NEET PG exam…

Study materials: see I’m an average student. I never had honours gold medals like most of you guys… But fortunately I never had to take a complimentary (Suplee) exam during my medschool so you can easily guess about me and my category… I started everything from a scratch… .
I know you guys are really confused about the study materials… As everyone posts a different story on social media… you’ll see some one is cracking exam with just 45 days of preparation someone is not clearing it even after few attempts… someone will say PLABABLE is enough whereas someone will say it’s not enough… So let me clear this confusion…

If you are a beginner and you are preparing from scratch then you need to carry two things on your Tablet(as the screen is bigger so it’s always better to study in tablet)
1)plab 1 keys(free/subscribe)
2)Plabable Q bank(always try to subscribe it so you can get the recent advances and changes of NICE guidelines only 25gbp for 5months subscription 2300 INR)

You DON’T need passmedicine, passtest (these are for MRCP exam) medrevision ,no online classes nothing…

Study tips: first read the topic from plab1keys then try to solve the questions from plabable…
Bookmark the questions which u hit as a wrong answer.This will help you for the revision.
Now here comes another confusion… You see many doctors are doing the same but still can’t clear the exam… so where is the lacuna? I think they only solve the questions and read the explanations of those questions which the hit wrong… DON’T DO THAT… Your attitude makes who you are… so read all the explanations even if you tick it as a correct answer. You’ll get to know about few new things which you don’t know… so don’t take it lightly… And it’s always better you make your own notes from those explanation… so during revision you’ll only read the bookmarked questions and your notes… This is all for the BEGINNERS like me… I used to study 4hrs daily and 6/7 hrs in last 15-20days… I took 6 Mocks from the plabable q bank… My avg score used to be 140+ but in real exam I got 123. So you can see how important is revision.
I attended a 3day revision course from team PLABABLE (10hrs a day) it’s beautiful… It’s not mandatory but you can always go for it (12000 INR) .

REVISION: I revised plabable for one single time and studied my notes. Trust me it’s more than enough to pass PLAB1 . Score doesn’t matter in UK for you to get a job… your CV matters the most… You consider yourself as a product and you have to make your CV lucrative in order to sell you in NHS! That’s the thing. So work continuesly without any breech in your experience… But if you have an issue and the reason is quite justifying for a breech in your career then don’t worry… But they(interviewers) don’t like this concept of sitting down in home and study for the exams which is the most popular strategy in India in order to get a decent rank in PG exam… GMC has a lengthy exam procedure for your career improvement & they have arranged it in such a way that you can work earn money and prepare well for your exam… It’s lengthy, costly but affordable and focus oriented & the beauty is there is no concept of this shitty RESERVATION since 6 October 2019, all medical practitioners have been added to the Shortage Occupation List in the UK. This means that all medical practitioners are exempt from the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) and can apply for any specialty in any recruitment round, subject to eligibility.
All the best for your exam… I guarantee that you’ll pass your exam on one go… Just stay focused…

Hello sir. First of all great post here. Thank you for your guidance really. I m currently planning my journey to plab and I hail from Andaman and Nicobar Islands … So you know as an indian, I want to travel once and appear for both IELTS and PLAB 1 since I cannot appear for either of these in Andaman Nicobar … so to plan that out, I need the exam dates of PLAB 1 in india, atleast 2 consecutive …if not exact dates, atleast months… can you please help me with that so that I can plan my plab journey ?