Cambridge IELTS 10 G 2.1 & 2.2 Sample answers

Cambridge IELTS 10 G 2.1 & 2.2 Sample answers

Some parents buy their children a large number of toys to play with.

What are the advantages and disadvantages for the child of having a large number of toys?

Today there is a big question as to how many toys a child should have. This essay will first discuss the advantages of children having a lot of toys, then it will go on to cite some disadvantages.

First, there are several advantages for children in regard to having many toys. The first one is creativity and imagination. When children have many toys, they can stretch their imaginations and become more creative. For example, my children dream of being space explorers with their space Lego and also time travelers when they go back in time to play with their dinosaurs. Secondly, when they have a lot of toys, children are happy. When there are a lot of interesting things to keep them stimulated, like when my children are bored, we go to the toy box and can always find something fun to play with.

On the other hand, there are several drawbacks to children having many toys. The main disadvantage is that children can become spoiled. If kids have a lot o f toys, or if they are always getting new ones, they will not appreciate what they have. To illustrate, my youngest kid started breaking his old toys after receiving new ones because he no longer valued the old ones. Furthermore, children with a lot of toys may become self-centered, what I mean is; it can skew a child’s sense of importance and self, making them feel entitled. To explain, In the department store the other day, I saw a mother with a child that was having a temper tantrum because he wanted a new toy that she was reluctant to buy, the child continued to escalate his bad behavior until his poor mother finally acquiesced, not a good lesson in my opinion.

In conclusion, though they bring happiness and creativity, having many toys can be a two edged sword when it comes to children, as it can lead to selfishness and lack of respect.,

You and some friends ate a meal at a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion, and you were very pleased.

Write:

1 give details of your visit to the restaurant

1. explain the reason for the celebration

2. say what was good about the food and the service.

I am Kris Enders, who along with my party of 8, had a wonderful time in your establishment the other night and I’m writing to say thanks!

First, it is a very special time in my life as I will be getting married next month, so my friends got together and held a stag party for me at your restaurant, it happened to be my birthday as well so we had double the reasons to celebrate.

We had such a great time that night, we arrived around 7pm, and sat in the lounge for same drinks and chatting before we went into the restaurant side for our meal. We were having so much fun that before we knew it, the bartender had called last call and we were headed home, as they say”time flies when you’re having fun!’

Lastly I would like to tip my hat to your staff, the servers were perfect, they were quick and attentive, in addition to being friendly and humorous. My compliments to the chef as well. We had prime rib which was done to perfection, and the soup I had for an appetizer was amazing, I’ve never tasted anything like that before in my life!

All in all, that night in your restaurant was one that I will never forget, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.