How to apply for MRCP (UK) Part 1 Exam

Step by step process for registration to mrcp part 1 exam

1. Create mymrcp account from the website mymrcp.mrcpuk.org

2. Make sure your all the personal details are up to date in the account.

3. Do black and white Photocopy of your graduation certificate. Make sure that your graduation certificate has the date of at least 1 year less than the exam date that you are supposed to take.

4. Verify the photocopied certificate from any of the following ways:

• issuing university or medical school

• british council

• british embassy

• british high commission

• government ministry of health

• a notary public

• a fellow or member of rcp

The easiest one is through a notary public. I did from the notary public only.

1. Scan the verified certificate.

2. Email that to [email protected]

Subject of email: primary medical qualification ; rcp code number …

Attach either in pdf or jpeg format and make sure the file is less than 2 mb

Send the email to royal college only during the application period for the upcoming exam.

1. Pay for the examination

Note: Its necessary to have rcp code number to send that email to mrcp uk. Rcp code number can be acquired after paying for the exam. Some of my friends have also told that they had recieved the RCP code right after creating an account. However, in my case I got it after paying for the exam.

Please note that, royal college will send you multiple auto generated emails, requesting you to send your pmq to complete your application process. These are just the auto generated reminder emails, do NOT panic by thinking that you have already sent the pmq and still getting these mails time and again asking you for your pmq.

In case of any doubt or suspicion don’t ask other fellow colleague or seniors, just confirm yourself directly by calling the RCP london office. They are kind enough to reply all your queries.

Be careful that it may take up to 4 weeks maximum from the date of closing of application period to get response to your pmq email. I got mine in just 4 days, but all will not get that early. So if you wait for them to reply and then pay, then it might be late than closing date of application period. Beyond the last date to apply for the exam, you cant pay and register for that exam.