I have been mostly a silent member of this group for a long time

I have been mostly a silent member of this group for a long time. And now it’s time to give my 2 cents. Praise to the Lord finally my USMLEs and Matching Journey is over. I matched to a program of my first choice. I was speechless when I receive “congratulation you matched” email. All the hard work finally paid off. My credentials all USMLEs 22x. US IMG. 2.5 yrs of USCE both inpatient and outpatient. Strong LORs, NO research experience but most of all networking ( don’t underestimate the power of contact specially if your scores are not in the 240s and up). Keep in touch with all your classmates that matched a head of you and also have a good relationship with you preceptors. Contacts at a program can make a difference by getting your application reviewed and possibly getting an interview. Once you get interview practice, practice with someone who would really give you an honest critic. My last advice is to constantly evaluate your application and work on your weakness. If you don’t have USCE then gain more experience, if it is interviewing skills then have someone to practice with you. There is always something you can do to make your application better. The one thing you can’t improve is your steps scores rather than that you can add experience to your CV for instance gaining volunteer experience at a free clinic.

Don’t give up on your dream!

If there is a will there is a way.

Thank you ! all members that has been posting on this forum and helping others.

Good luck to all.