I know that many are concerned about what happened this weekend with the leaked exam papers

OET EXAM - Leaked exam paper! I know that many are concerned about what happened this weekend with the leaked exam papers. I also have students who took the exam this weekend and are concerned about what will happen…I know it is easier said than done but please try not worry too much…nothing will be clear until OET make an official statement. In many Fbook groups I have seen countless posts, many filled with inaccurate information stating candidates will be banned from taking the test again for 3 months to OET will give free certificates to all candidates and that GMC has stopped accepting OET scores… ect ect ect…this is all nonsense.…you should be aware that Facebook is a haven for rumours and inaccurate reporting…At the moment there is an investigation being carried out by OET,and once completed they will update everyone…a statement taken from OET’s FB page
The OET official line at the moment is…
OET recently became aware of a suspected breach to OET test security. Test security is extremely important to us and we have robust procedures and processes in place to mitigate risks in the rare event of a breach.
We are investigating this suspected breach and welcome any information concerning the following
Reportable Matters:
• suspected fraud, malpractice, misconduct or other suspicious activity in respect of OET; and
• the security or integrity of OET.
For more information on reporting to OET, please follow this link:
https://www.occupationalenglishtest.org/reporting-suspecte…/
We cannot provide any further comment while we are investigating.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

This will no doubt be particularly alarming and worrying to those who sat the exam this weekend,but try and avoid listening or reading the rumours doing the rounds on social media. I feel so sorry for all those effected…I can only imagine how devastated all those who prepared legitimately must be feeling…I pray that this gets resolved soon. Although OET is unlikely to comment until they have completed their investigation…if you sat the exam this weekend, you could always send an email to OET, include your contact details and candidate number and express your concerns and ask them to update you as soon as possible… here is the link to their offical Fb page where you can keep up to date with any announcements they make…https://www.facebook.com/OfficialOET/