I think my experience is going to help others

This post is for people preparing for the General Practice Specialty Training Multi-Specialty Recruitment Assessment test, also known as GP ST MSRA or GP ST Stage 2. I think my experience is going to help others.

Preparation Time = 7 weeks

I started preparing for the exam in mid-July; the exam was due on 06 September.

Situational Judgment Test Questions

I subscribed to Emedica and started with Situational Judgment Test (SJT) questions. There were 200 questions in the question bank. I struggled with them. I ending up failing the sections during the practice sessions.

GMC Guidelines

I read GMC guideline about different scenarios. But I soon realized that it was practically impossible to read GMC guidelines about everything.

Clinical Questions

After SJTs, I went through the clinical questions. Clinical Questions were not a problem. I spent two hours over them and finished them in twenty days.

Books

By this time, I had started my first job in the NHS. I was left with less than a month to prepare for the SJTs. I had to find a way to prepare well for the SJTs as they carry a higher weightage than the clinical questions. I had no time to attend any courses since my on-call duties fell on the course days.

I scrolled through Amazon for books that could help me with the extra resources that I needed to be confident in the SJTs. I am glad I came across two books that not only helped me to pass the exam but also score high. These books were:

1. Situational Judgment Test for the Foundation Years programme by Omar Taha and Mizanul Hoque.
  2. The Ultimate FPAS SJT Guide 300 Practice Questions.