I want to discuss the role of "Dhuni''(bark and resin obtained from plants)

I want to discuss the role of "Dhuni’’(bark and resin obtained from plants) as a possible natural antiviral. It is used in the Indian subcontinent mainly for religious prayers and offerings. Traditional Ayurveda also prescribes it for various diseases. During my 1st prof mbbs, I contacted chicken pox, started using it under parents’ recommendation. While it takes at least 10-15 days for the rashes to go, it took less than 4 days in my case after the “smoke bath” the pustules dried up leaving macular scar marks. During the internship at my dermatology postings I again contracted measles (despite being fully vaccinated in my childhood for the same). I tried it again and got the same results. Though it is not FDA or WHO approved for community guidelines, but in the rural setting, people still use it widely. Is it really a potent antiviral or yet another pseudoscientific quackery? Just curious!

Edit for the Juvenile know-it-all’s :- I’m an allopathic doctor myself. But I see lot of potential in alternative and traditional medicine as well. Our primary aim is to find the cure, not to debate over “Ayurveda bada ya Allopathy”