It's a pass for me! I did not get the score I was hoping for and I fell from last uwsa 2

It’s a pass for me! I did not get the score I was hoping for and I fell from last uwsa 2. but I am so glad this nightmare is over! All I wanted to was pass. I have been suffering years with this test and took it while I was ill ! I have had so many rough bumps along the road, so passing was at a time something I couldn’t even see happening. I have to say something was wrong with last weeks marks it seems like everyone fell drastically from their nbmes and uwsa. I dont think my experience will be of much importance for high 250+ aimers but here is my advice of things to avoid early on in prep.

1. do not listen to people who tell you lectures are not important, they are, especially for IMGs…everyone does lectures!
    2)BNB BNB BNB, if only I had figured this one out earlier in prep it would have saved me so much time and helped me understand things better! I swear bnb is enough to understand
    3)do not delay starting uworld…even if you get a zero on the block, its better to familiarize yourself with time and question style
    4)only set exam dates after you have passed first nbme (i lost money before :disappointed:
    5)don’t let anyone rush you through the process, take your time to understand but also but a deadline for yourself because this test can really make you miserable if you let time and years pass by.
  2. everyone says set your aim high to get a good score, I am gonna say set your aim standard. because if you set it too high you will develop so much anxiety and depression you will be afraid to even take the test because you’re not getting that 260 yet on nbme. Have a neutral mindset and you will perform fine! this is one of those sentences that did me no good.
    7)study partners are great but you shouldn’t be a tutor to anyone. if you dont feel productive in the process…leave.
    8-you will pass with strong understanding but you will get good score with adding memorization! I have a problem with the latter, but that is the key to a high score
  3. write things out on a board or paper when you need to explain it. it may take time but it is the best way for application.
    10)doing uw a second time is a MUST! especially the incorrects!
  4. always ask WHY? if it doesnt make sense to you go back and find out whats missing. dont settle for “its like this in the book” answer!
  5. discussing a topic of confusion on this group is of tremendous help, it will reinforce any confusion and help you remember it.
  6. when doing uw and you get a question wrong first figure out why your answer was wrong before you read the right explanation.
  7. make a list while you go through FA with the stuff that needs memorization and go back to them example: leukemia translocations, cytokines, CAH etc
  8. if you feel social media is discouraging you deactivate everything!

Lastly, do not feel discouraged and do not compare yourself to others. You can only do your best and the rest is in gods hands.

please NO inbox messages with what is your score? questions…I will not answer them bec I dont want to feel discouraged, like I said I passed and score is decent :slightly_smiling_face:
lastly I would like to thank Samuel Agyin DrUsmle Aspirant Mhmd Jimmie Jr. Sevara Se Mhmd Adel @Haru No Niwa
who were very helpful and actively answering my questions and anyone else who I’ve missed! wish me luck in step 2 ck