My USMLE step 2 ck experience Score 259

My USMLE step 2 ck experience
Score 259

• Step 1 score 255 (Dec 2018)
  • total study period : 10-11 month (but it can be done in 6 month)

Resources :

• UW2 (2 times)
    9.5/10, single most important resource

• UW3 (1 time,most of it)
    8/10, it is quite similar to UW2, but goes more deeply through concepts and needs some overthinking

• NBMEs,CMS (some of them) &free120
    8/10, may not be very predictive but good to practice new style of questions

• FA for ck (2 times ,most of it)
    7.5/10, not well organized as FA for step 1

• FA for step 1 (some chapters as immunology,biostats but all tables containing diseases can be tested)

• OME videos (1 time, some of them)
    7/10, can be used as a simple introduction for ck

Assessments:

NBME 7 : 230 (3.5 months)
UWSA2 : 263 (2.5 months)
NBME 6 : 14 mistakes (2 months)
UWSA1 : 257 (2 weeks)
Old free120 : 85% (2 weeks)
New free120 : 74% (2 weeks)
Nbme 8 : 17 mistakes (2 weeks)
Real deal : 259

• I read that ck exam questions are very long, but fortunately they were not in my exam, yes there were few very long questions up to 15 lines but on the other hand there were some short ones about 5 lines and most of questions are 7-9 lines.
    I ran out of time in most blocks in UWSAs but in the exam ,I had 2-3 min at the end of every block even in blocks containing abstracts!

• I had 2 abstract , one quite easy and one hard, but abstracts in real exam are well organized regarding information mentioned in it and they are shorter than those in UW as well.so don’t worry about them!

• about 50% of questions were direct and everyone can solve them easily but other 50% were difficult. This difficulty varies, some are new concepts I have never heard about,but the majority are questions that you know and you know the answer too but the answer in your mind is not found in the choices!
    So you have to depend on your clinical sense :sweat_smile:, the more questions you solve, the more clinical sense you gain!

• you have to read quickly but you should concentrate as well .Many questions are tricky and one word -like a pregnant woman,child,etc- can change the answer!

• I recommend taking step1 before 2ck as it builds your backgroud knowledge which will help you a lot during preparation and during exam.

I’d like to thank all persons who helped me during this tough journey, those beautiful hearts who supported me by actions or even a single motivational word and on top of them my parents. They are many but I mention some of them

Mostafa A. Shehata
Omar Absi
Muhammad EL-eslaby
Mohamed Shawkat Gwida
محمد محمود عوض
Mohamed Salah
Mohammed Elshaer
Mohamed Adel
Sherif Mohamed

Allah bless all of you and I’m looking forward to pay some of your favor back someday :purple_heart: