Ramadan Kareem & I hope you are doing well in your studies

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Ramadan Kareem & I hope you are doing well in your studies.

Two days ago, I received my Step 1 score report & was happy to find that I got 265 Alhamdullilah.

I have read dozens of experiences in this group during the early days of my preparation, so I feel the obligation to give back to this helpful online community by sharing my own experience.

Usually, when I referred to experiences during my preparation, I was looking for certain key information (eg, the time needed for each subject, different opinions about step 1 resources which I was hesitant to use, how to approach each subject, performance in self-assessments vs the real exam โ€ฆ etc.) Therefore, I tried to organize my experience into these major headlines so that you can quickly read what you want from the experience.

Attached is a PDF file consisting of 6 large (A3) pages. This file includes:

(1) my performance on self-assessments

(2) time spent on each step 1 resource

(3) a timeline of my whole preparation period including how much time I spent on each subject

(4) exam day experience

(5) my personal opinion regarding some step 1 resources (UWorld, Sketchy, Anki, First Aid, Kaplan, Boards & Beyond)

(6) how to approach each subject

(7) general thoughts about step 1 preparation

Proceed with caution; I already did step 2CK so I have a pretty solid background from before.

Thatโ€™s all. Good luck, fellow doctors.