Requesting a reconsideration

Requesting a reconsideration

If you consider your exam day performance to have been affected by:

• procedural irregularities
  • emergent circumstances
  • illness

you may request to have your MCCQE Part I results reconsidered by the MCC. You can also make this request if you have been denied a final result, including being denied entry to future MCC exams.

To request a reconsideration of your MCCQE Part I final result, follow the steps below:

1. Send us a message through your physiciansapply.ca account within 15 calendar days of the date indicated on your SOR.
  2. Use Reconsideration of MCCQE Part I final result in the subject line.
  3. Provide detailed information about why you are requesting a reconsideration of your MCCQE Part I result in the body of your message.
  4. Submit documentation to support your request for reconsideration by email to [email protected].

You may not request a reconsideration based on the content of the examination.

Once your request is received, it will be reviewed by the Executive Director who has the authority to determine whether the request for reconsideration will be heard by the Central Examination Committee (CEC). This determination will be communicated through your physiciansapply.ca account. Should you be granted a reconsideration, you will receive a letter through your physiciansapply.ca account when a decision has been made.

There are two possible outcomes from the reconsideration process:

• No change in your final result
  • No standing

The CEC does not have the authority to grant a pass standing or additional marks to a candidate who has not demonstrated the required level of knowledge and skills during the exam.